Bow Window Installation in Raleigh
Learn more about replacement bow windows in Raleigh, NC
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
Professional Bow Window Installation Raleigh
Known as the “City of Oaks”, Raleigh is a thriving city that offers its residents a unique experience each day of the year.
With the city’s warm, breezy summers and cool winter climate, it can be important for Raleigh residents to have a home that they can find comfort in, regardless of what season it is. A great place to start is by having functional windows.
As your home gets older, it can be inevitable that some elements of your property would experience some wear and tear – especially your windows. When your windows get old, they may lead to an increase in the cooling and heating costs of your home and can potentially cause damage. Thus, if you’ve noticed any increases in your utility bills or any notable damages to your windows, it may be time to consider a replacement.
Thankfully, Local Home Pro is here to help you tackle your window replacement project with ease. All of our Raleigh contractors have been pre-vetted to ensure they are experienced, reliable, and have a track record of success. This way, you can rest assured knowing that your windows project is in good hands.
What are Bow Windows?
A bow window is a multi-pane window that extends from the wall of your home in a semicircle, forming a gentle curve or “bow” across the window opening. Some homeowners may get confused about bay and bow windows as they are fairly similar in style. However, there are a few slight differences between the two types that you may want to be aware of.
Take a look below at our list of differences so you can become better acquainted with the two windows before moving forward in your replacement project:
- Bow windows require at least four window panes to create a refined arc that extends from the exterior of your home. Bay windows, on the other hand, typically only require a minimum of three windows to create an extending hexagonal shape from your home.
- With bay windows, homeowners can have more variety when selecting the type of each window frame, whereas with bow windows, homeowners may be limited to using only casement windows to complete the final look.
The Benefits of Installing Bow Windows in Your Raleigh Home
There can be many advantages to installing bow windows in your Raleigh home. Thus, we’ve put together a list of benefits that can help you decide whether bow windows is fitting for your Raleigh home:
- Bow windows may help improve the overall curbside appeal of your home and increase your property value.
- Bow windows create a ledge in your room, which can be used for extra storage, seating, or even as a comfortable reading nook.
- As bow windows have four or more window panes, they can allow for more natural light and ventilation into your home all year around.
- These windows can help give your home a sleek finish that may help the home stand out amongst the rest in your neighborhood.
- With bow window installation, you can have a 180-degree view of the outside of your home, allowing you to keep an eye on your garden and enjoy the Raleigh scenery.
Are There Any Disadvantages with Bow Window Installation?
Now that you know the benefits of installing bow windows, you may also wish to consider some potential disadvantages with the windows before making your final decision:
- Bow windows can be costly compared to other windows as it may require a more complex installation process and require more window frames to create the desired design look.
- If your Raleigh home is not already built for bow windows, you may also encounter additional home renovation costs on top of your installation costs.
- If installed incorrectly, there can be risks of drafts and leaks in the windows. Thus, it can be important to hire professional bow windows contractors in Raleigh who can understand the complexity of installing these windows.
The Window Installation Project You’ve Been Waiting for is a Click Away!
Does a bow window sound like the right option for your home? If you’re still not sure, then you could request a free estimate at Local Home Pro and get a consultation with our trusted, local contractors.
We’re experts in home improvement projects, so leave the fine details to us and get ready to enjoy your new windows! Book your free estimate today.