Casement Windows in Daytona Beach
Learn About the Versatile Casement Window
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
Casement Window Installation in Daytona Beach
From motorsports to archeological wonders, Daytona Beach offers a diverse number of fun things to do and see. And though the weather is almost always spectacular, when mother nature unleashes her wrath, there can be significant damage to Daytona homes and businesses.
It’s therefore important to make sure that your home's windows are ready for potential inclement weather. New windows can help ensure that your home is well-protected, in addition to helping you enjoy more comfort and save more energy on a day-to-day basis. However, there are many types to choose from. One type that might be ideal for capturing the very best of Daytona weather, and withstanding its worst, might be the casement window.
What Is a Casement Window?
Casement windows are hinged on the side and open outward like a door (usually with the help of a hand crank at the base of the sill). Unlike sliders, which move up and down in a track, casements are fixed in their frame, making them stable and simple to operate. Though casements have been around for years, today’s casements are manufactured with durable and sophisticated opening mechanisms that make them long-lasting and easy to use.
What Are the Benefits of Casement Windows?
The design and construction of casement windows provide them with a number of benefits over competing types. Below are just a few of the reasons a casement window can work in your home:
- They can be easy to open. You might know the trouble that can come with sliding windows: the sashes get stuck; they’re tricky to open or close if they’re above a piece of furniture; they can slam shut on your fingers. On the other hand, the simple hand crank on the casement window’s sill can allow you to open the window as much or as little as you want - without straining your back or pounding your hand against the sash.
- They can help save you money. When casements are closed, they can sit more snugly in their frames than other window types. There are fewer moving parts than slider windows, leaving fewer opportunities for air to escape (or come in). All of this adds up to a window design that is more airtight, resistant to heat gain or loss and more energy efficient.
- They can help provide a better view. Casements are made with a single pane of glass, unlike double-hung sliders that break up the window opening with two framed panes of glass. As a result, casements won’t obstruct your view if they’re open or closed: no frames, locking mechanisms or other window parts to get in the way of you appreciating your property each morning.
- They can be safe and secure. Casements can be constructed with at least two locking mechanisms that are built into the frame of the window itself. After you close the window you simply pull down on the lock and you can see and feel the window press itself in tightly to the frame, creating not only a great seal but secure lock as well.
- They can suit many home styles. Daytona Beach has a marvelous selection of home types, from historic revival-style houses, to mid-century modern bungalows to sleek ultra-modern wonders. Casement windows can be customized to fit with almost any home type that you have. If you live in a historic home and are looking to preserve its traditional look, casements can be manufactured with muntins, the strips that separate the smaller panes of glass in a window sash. This can allow you to enjoy all of the modern benefits of a casement manufactured with space-age materials without changing the old-fashioned look of your window openings.
Perhaps, though, you live in a mid-century bungalow with beautiful cathedral ceilings and a wonderful wall of windows in the living room. Casements can be configured to work as part of that wall of windows (along with other window types, like large picture windows). Enjoy all of the modern elegance of mid-century design while still letting in a much needed breeze.
- They can help provide better air circulation. Speaking of breezes: casement windows can be the perfect window type to help let in the fresh Florida air. Because they open to the outside, casements can help channel the breeze into your home by catching the wind currents that run along the side of your home. Open the window just a crack to enjoy a little air, or fully extend your casement to catch as much air as possible.
Book a Free Consultation for Your Daytona Home
If a casement window sounds like it will work for your home, book your no-obligation consultation to receive a free estimate with the help of Local Home Pro. Ensure that your windows are professionally selected and installed and begin enjoying all of the benefits they offer your Daytona home.