Double Hung Window Installation
Discover the possibilities for your home with new double hung windows
Get Your Free Estimate Today!
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
Double Hung Window Installation
When it comes to home renovations, replacing your windows can result in a whole new look for the interior and exterior of your property. However, since window replacement projects can often require a lot of planning and labor, many homeowners tend to shy away from taking on such a large task.
From choosing the style, color, and material of your windows, to ensuring you find a reliable window installation contractor to get the job done right, the renovation process can be unenjoyable and stressful. With the help of Local Home Pro, homeowners can streamline their renovation process from start to finish and install the double hung windows they have been dreaming of.
Double Hung Windows
While there are many styles of windows available, double hung windows are a great choice for many homeowners. For those who don’t know, double hung windows feature two operating sashes that allow you to open the top and bottom of the window for more ventilation.
Both sashes open vertically and have the ability to tilt inwards to allow more air into your home, and can assist homeowners in cleaning their windows conveniently and with ease.
What about Single Hung Windows?
While double and single hung windows look fairly similar from a distance, they are slightly different in their design. Single hung windows only open up on the bottom half while double hung windows open on the top and the bottom. While the differences are minimal, it’s important to decide which one is better for your design and home requirements.
One of the reasons why double hung windows are a great window replacement choice is because they can offer homeowners versatility that other windows do not. With double hung windows, homeowners are able to choose between numerous designs, colors, sizes, and materials to create windows that work best with the design concepts they are trying to achieve in their home.
Double hung windows are also a great option as they offer a sleek and seamless look that can work in any room of your home where you may be looking to increase natural light and air flow.
The Benefits of a Double Hung Window
Not only are double hung windows extremely versatile in their design, there are also numerous other benefits that you may not be aware of. To help you decide whether double hung windows are right for your home’s needs, we’ve put together a list of benefits below:
- They allow for a lot of natural sunlight to enter your home, as well as exceptional ventilation all year round
- They are easy to clean from the inside of your home and may not require a lot of maintenance throughout the year
- Depending on the window you purchase, they can increase your energy efficiency throughout the year which can help to save you money on your monthly cooling and heating bills
- They can be easy to operate as they do not have a crank feature
- The design of the window is perfect for high-traffic areas throughout your home as they do not open away from your wall, but rather inwards
- They are available in numerous colors, materials, and grid designs and can be completely customizable to fit your home
- They can help enhance the overall curb appeal of your property and potentially increase its value
The Cons of Double Hung Windows
To ensure homeowners are fully confident in their choice of selecting double hung windows for their home, it’s important to be aware of the potential disadvantages of this style of window as well. Consider the following factors before purchasing windows of your own:
- Double hung windows may encounter mechanical problems due to their design that may cause the windowpane to fail to stay open, which may require the purchase of additional mechanical parts
- They may require some force to open and can become stuck as they get older
- If they are not installed by a professional window installation contractor, they may cause drafts making it more difficult to control the temperature throughout your home, which can increase your cooling and heating bills
Choosing a Professional Double Hung Window Installation Contractor is Key
At Local Home Pro, we understand why it’s important to invest in a window installation company that has a track record of success. We work with local window installation professionals in your area to help bring your renovation dreams to life.
All double hung window installation contractors who work with Local Home Pro are vetted to ensure they offer the highest quality services to all homeowners in their area. Not only will this save you time searching for qualified professionals in your area, but it also ensures that your entire double hung window installation process runs smoothly from start to finish.
With the help of Local Home Pro, your double hung window installation project is easier than you think! Book your free consultation today!