Gutter Installation in Dothan
Learn more about gutter installation in Dothan, AL with Local Home Pro
Get Your Free Estimate Today!
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
Gutter Installation in Dothan
Tucked away in the southeastern corner of Alabama, less than 20 miles from Georgia and just over 15 miles from Florida, lies Dothan, Alabama. This small southern U.S. city is rich in culture and history. Known as the Peanut Capital of the World, Dothan is said to produce over 65 percent of all peanuts in the United States. Whether you’re learning about history at the G W Carver Interpretive Museum, spending the day at Water World or Adventureland Theme Park, or hiking at Forever Wild Trails, there is so much to do and see in Dothan.
Further, Dothan is home to a humid subtropical climate. This means hot and humid summers and mild winters. If you love warm, sunny days (of which there are an average of 227 each year) and dislike snow, then Dothan’s climate might just be perfect for you. However, it’s worth noting that given the subtropical climate, Dothan does receive its fair share of rain (55 inches of rain per year, on average). For this reason, Dothan homeowners may wish to prepare their homes for rainfall, the bulk of which comes in the summer, with July being the rainiest month.
One way to prepare your home for heavy rainfall is to maintain your gutter system. This is because gutters can help protect your home from flooding and other kinds of water damage. Their main role is to divert water away from the home by collecting water and guiding it towards the downspouts. However, if your gutters aren’t functioning as they should be, whether they’re old and leaking or blocked by twigs, branches, and other debris, then they may be unable to drain. Gutters that can’t drain properly can lead to serious issues such as:
- Water spilling over the edges of your gutters, pooling around the base of your home and possibly ruining your lawn and/or garden
- Water stains down the exterior of your home
- Water seeping into the foundation of your home, even leading to structural instability
- Sagging and cracks in the gutters (old gutters may be especially prone to this, especially if they are being weighed down by debris)
As you can see, gutters that are unable to drain have the potential to cause problems for your home. That is why if you’ve noticed any of the signs or symptoms above, you may wish to hire a professional contractor to assess your gutters.
Local Home Pro can help make hiring a professional gutter installer in Dothan easy. We’ve done the work for you, vetting local contractors in your area and partnering with contractors who are known to be reliable and knowledgeable.
Top Reasons Why You Should Invest in Gutter Protection for Your Dothan Home
To help protect your home during the rainy season in Dothan, your gutters may be a worthy investment. This is because gutters that aren’t functioning properly can have the potential to cause serious problems for your home. However, when your gutters are in working order, they can help prevent flooding and water damage. New gutters may also come with several other perks that Dothan homeowners could find beneficial. From reducing maintenance to repelling insects, check out a few other benefits that may derive from investing in gutter protection:
- LeafGuard® gutters can be completely customized to suit your home
- LeafGuard® gutters can also help prevent leaves, branches, and other debris from blocking your gutters, meaning they will require less maintenance and cleaning throughout the year
- New gutters may help boost the property value and curbside appeal of your home
- New gutters may also help save you money down the line by preventing damage
- LeafGuard® gutters are designed to handle 32 inches of rainfall per hour, which can help prevent flooding or water damage to your Dothan home
- New gutters may help repel insects, such as mosquitos, from hovering around your home, possibly making it more enjoyable to spend time in your backyard
Why You Should Hire a Professional to Install Your New Gutters
Though some homeowners may be inclined to install their new gutters themselves, this might be one DIY project best left to the professionals. Unless you have prior experience in this field, gutter installation can be a complex and dangerous business. For example, working high up on a ladder and using heavy-duty power tools can put you at risk of injury. Making a mistake during the gutter installation could also result in damages to your home. For these reasons, hiring a professional for your gutter installation might be the best solution. A few more reasons why you may wish to hire a professional rather than install your own gutters are as follows:
- Hiring a professional may help eliminate the possibility of Dothan homeowners installing their new gutters incorrectly, which can lead to greater damage and even cost you more money in the long run.
- Hiring a professional contractor can also help eliminate the risks associated with installing gutters yourself, such as falling off the ladder or injuring yourself with a power tool.
- Hiring a professional can be convenient, as it can save you both time and energy. Why spend your limited time off installing new gutters, when you could be relaxing on your couch and leaving the hard work to the professionals?
- Gutter installers are experts in their field, meaning they can offer their professional opinions and advice on the best options for your home.
Install New Gutters On Your Dothan Home Today!
Given the rainfall Dothan receives throughout the year, it’s important that your gutters are in working order. If you’ve realized that your gutters need replacing, we are here to help.
Local Home Pro can help make hiring a professional contractor in Dothan easy. To get started, book a FREE, in-house consultation for your gutter installation. Should you decide to move forward, you’ll have the opportunity to finalize all the details and then schedule the installation for a date that suits you. Prepare to enjoy your brand new gutters!