HVAC Installation in Alexandria
Learn more about HVAC installation in Alexandria, VA with Local Home Pro
Get Your Free Estimate Today!
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
HVAC Installation in Alexandria
From the rich colonial history to its scenic natural beauty, Alexandria, Virginia is a great place to call home. Alexandria has so much going for it, from the Torpedo Factory Art Center to the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, not to mention the fact that it’s only 20 minutes by car from Washington D.C.
If you live in Alexandria, then you might know it’s prone to hot, muggy summers and cold, snowy winters. Considered to have a humid subtropical climate, Alexandria residents may experience temperatures as low as 30°F in the winter and as high as 88°F in the summer.
Given that Alexandria’s climate is characterized by both hot and cold weather, local homeowners may wish to ensure that their heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are functioning properly. HVAC systems are responsible for heating and cooling your home as well as reducing its humidity levels. As such, it can be important to make sure that the HVAC system of your Alexandria home is functioning properly.
If you aren't sure whether your current HVAC system may require repair or replacement, consider checking for the following signs:
- Your utility bills have spiked, yet your usage of your HVAC system has remained the same
- The temperatures throughout your home (even between rooms that are on the same floor of the house) are uneven
- It feels like your HVAC system is running constantly
- Your system has started making loud noises (in the case of a furnace, this could be a grinding or squealing noise)
- Your air conditioner or heat pump is over 10 years old, and/or your furnace is 15-20 years old
- Your air conditioning unit or heat pump have SEER ratings of 10 or less, and/or your furnace has an AFUE rating of 80% or less
- Your air conditioning unit has started blowing very little air or leaking water
If you’ve noticed any of the signs above, then your current HVAC system may need to be replaced. This is where Local Home Pro comes in. At Local Home Pro, we have partnered with top contractors in the Alexandria area, many of whom are experts in HVAC installation. These contractors have been vetted and selected based on the quality of their work and their reliability. This ensures that when you hire an Alexandria contractor through us, you can rest easy knowing your HVAC installation will go smoothly.
Why You Should Invest in HVAC Installation for Your Alexandria Home
Installing a new HVAC system in your home may offer several benefits. From helping to reduce your carbon footprint to boosting the property value of your home, check out a few reasons why Alexandria homeowners may wish to invest in a new HVAC system below:
- Energy-efficient HVAC systems (those with higher SEER or AFUE ratings) use less electricity than old systems with lower ratings. Thus, if you care about going green, installing a new HVAC system may help reduce your impact on the environment.
- Should you choose to install an energy-efficient HVAC system, it may help reduce the cost of your monthly utility bills
- Installing an energy-efficient HVAC system may also make you eligible for various rebates and incentives offered by your local utility provider, your state, or even the federal government.
- Installing a new HVAC system may also help boost the property value of your home.
- New HVAC systems tend to be quieter. Some older systems may squeal, shake, rattle, and make a lot of noises.
- Installing a new HVAC system can also help make your home more comfortable to spend time in, as new systems tend to offer more consistent airflow levels, even heating and cooling, and better humidity control.
Key Considerations When Installing A New HVAC System in Your Alexandria Home
If you’re ready to take the plunge and install a new HVAC system in your Alexandria home, there are a few factors you may wish to consider. To decide which system is right for your property, we recommend that you give some thoughts to the key considerations below:
- The climate of the region you live in: The climate you live in may help you decide which type of HVAC system is right for you. Homes in places like Alexandria that experience hot summers and cold winters might require both a furnace and an air conditioning unit.
- The energy efficiency of the HVAC system: Alexandria homeowners may derive several benefits from installing an energy-efficient HVAC system in their home, ranging from lowering utility bills to reducing their carbon footprint. If you care about going green, then you may want to look for air conditioners and heat pumps with a SEER rating of 15 or over and furnaces with an AFUE rating of over 90%.
- The size of your home: It’s important to consider choosing an HVAC system that is designed for the specific size of your home. This is because systems designed for larger spaces might cause functionality problems in a smaller home and vice versa.
- The installation of the system: While we understand that some Alexandria homeowners may wish to install their new HVAC system themselves, doing so might lead to problems, since HVAC installation can be quite complex. One option is to consider hiring professional contractors to help install your new HVAC system since they will know how to properly install your new system and can help ensure it’s working properly.
- The ducts in your home: If you don’t have air ducts in your home, it’s still possible to install a ductless HVAC system.
Book Your Alexandria HVAC Installation Today!
As you can see, there can be many benefits from installing a new HVAC system in your home. So, if you’re ready to get started, schedule your free, in-home consultation.
During the no-obligation consultation, a local contractor can help answer any questions you may have, offer their professional opinion as to the best system for your home, and provide you with a project estimate. Should you decide to move forward, all you have to do is finalize the details and book your HVAC installation for a time that suits your schedule.
What are you waiting for? Book your FREE consultation today.