- All services
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
HVAC Installation in Fort Lauderdale
Learn more about HVAC installation in Fort Lauderdale, FL with Local Home Pro
Get Your Free Estimate Today!
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
HVAC Installation in Fort Lauderdale
Between the white-stand beaches, turquoise blue waters, and warm weather, it’s no wonder people gravitate towards Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This coastal city with a population of roughly 180,000 is an exciting place to live and visit.
Regarding the climate, Fort Lauderdale is home to a humid subtropical climate, which translates to long, muggy summers and short winters. Temperatures remain relatively warm year-round, with an average temperature of 87°F between June and October, even reaching as high as 89°F in August. The coldest month of the year is usually January, with daily highs dropping as low as 75°F.
Given the city’s warm weather, Fort Lauderdale homeowners might wish to equip their homes with HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems to help them remain comfortable during the hottest parts of the year. HVAC systems have the power to cool down your home, and regulate airflow throughout. Thus, if you’re looking to stay cool during Fort Lauderdale’s hot summers, you may want to check if your current HVAC system is up to date.
If you’re unsure whether your current HVAC system is functioning properly, consider if you’ve noticed any of the following signs below:
- Your air conditioner blows very little air and/or leaks water
- Your energy bills have risen without explanation
- Your HVAC system is making loud or strange noises
- The temperatures throughout your home are uneven
- Your air conditioning unit or heat pump have SEER ratings of 10 or less, or your furnace has an AFUE rating of 80% or less
- Your HVAC system is constantly running
- Your air conditioner or heat pump is over 10 years old, and/or your furnace is 15-20 years old
If any of the signs or symptoms above sound familiar, it’s possible that your HVAC system may need to be repaired or replaced. Luckily, Local Home Pro can help.
At Local Home Pro, we have partnered with top HVAC contractors in the Fort Lauderdale area who can take a look at your HVAC unit and offer their professional opinion. All Local Home Pro contractors have also been vetted to ensure their quality and reliability. Thus, when you hire a Fort Lauderdale HVAC installer through us, you can relax knowing your home is in good hands.
Why You Should Invest in HVAC Installation for Your Home
Now that you know the important role that HVAC systems play in the home, let’s move on to the advantages of investing in a new HVAC installation. From helping increase the property value of your home to helping reduce your energy consumption, there are several benefits Fort Lauderdale homeowners can derive from installing new HVAC systems. Continue reading below to learn more about why new HVAC systems can be worthwhile:
- Installing a new HVAC system may help boost the property value of your home.
- A new HVAC system can help make your home more enjoyable to spend time in, as new units tend to offer more consistent airflow levels, even heating and cooling, and better humidity control.
- Some old HVAC systems may be loud and noisy, but new units can be designed to operate more quietly.
- Energy-efficient HVAC units are more likely to consume less electricity than less efficient units, which can potentially help reduce the cost of your utility bills.
- Installing a new energy-efficient HVAC system in your home may also help make you eligible for certain rebates and incentives offered by state, federal governments or your local utility company.
- Energy-efficient HVAC units may also help reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
Considerations When Installing A New HVAC System in Your Home
Once you’ve decided to install a new HVAC system in your Fort Lauderdale home, you may want to carefully consider which system is right for you. There are tons of HVAC units on the market today, ranging from furnaces and air conditioners to heat pumps and even ductless systems. Beyond the various types, HVAC units come in all different sizes and energy efficiency ratings. Thus, we suggest you consider some of the factors below before settling on a new HVAC system for your home:
- The climate of the region you live in: To help you choose the best HVAC system for your home, you might want to consider the weather and average daily temperatures in Fort Lauderdale. For example, as Fort Lauderdale has a warm and humid climate almost year-round, you might not need a heater and instead, may focus on finding a quality air conditioner that can keep your home cool.
- The installation of the system: Another consideration is whether you plan to install the new HVAC system yourself or hire a professional to do it. We understand that some homeowners may be tempted to do it themselves, however HVAC installation can be complicated, and might be best left to the professionals who can ensure the new system is installed correctly.
- The ducts in your home: If you don’t have air ducts in your home, then you might not be able to install certain types of HVAC systems. However, there are ductless systems out there that can help cool and heat your home for your consideration.
- The energy efficiency of the HVAC unit: If reducing your energy consumption matters to you, then it is often best to look for air conditioners and heat pumps with SEER ratings of 15 or over and furnaces with AFUE ratings of over 90%.
- The size of your home: Each HVAC unit is designed to be used in a specific sized space. Therefore, it can be important to choose a unit that suits the size of your home since installing units designed for larger homes in small spaces can lead to performance issues and vice versa.
Book Your Fort Lauderdale HVAC Installation Now!
Get started on your Fort Lauderdale HVAC installation with Local Home Pro today! Simply schedule your free, in-home consultation, and book the installation for a time that suits your schedule. Get ready to enjoy your new HVAC system!