- All services
- Tampa, FL
HVAC Installation in Tampa
Learn more about HVAC installation in Tampa, FL with Local Home Pro
Get Your Free Estimate Today!
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
HVAC Installation in Tampa
Situated on the west coast of Florida lies the bustling city of Tampa. A popular vacation destination for many, Tampa is also a wonderful place to live year-round. Considered the economic center of western Florida, the city offers a distinct urban-suburban feel, with tons of restaurants, coffee shops, parks, and family-friendly attractions. Whether you’re treating your family to a day at Busch Gardens or exploring the historic Ybor City neighborhood, there is a lot to love about Tampa, Florida.
Tampa is known for its subtropical climate, which is characterized by long, muggy summers and short, mild winters. Average temperatures between May and September can reach as high as 90°F, with the coldest months experiencing an average high around 70°F. Tampa is prone to experience long periods of hot, humid weather. For this reason, HVAC systems can be important, as they can help make your home more cool and refreshing.
HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. HVAC systems are mainly responsible for heating and cooling your home as well as reducing its humidity levels. Thus, if you’re looking to stay cool during Tampa’s long summers, you may want to make sure that your current HVAC system is up to date.
If you’ve started to question whether your HVAC system is functioning properly or not, consider checking for some of the warning signs below:
- Your utility bills have gone up suddenly and without increased use of your HVAC system
- The temperatures throughout your home are uneven
- Your air conditioning unit or heat pump have SEER ratings of 10 or less, or your furnace has an AFUE rating of 80% or less
- Your HVAC system is constantly running
- Your air conditioner or heat pump is over 10 years old, and/or your furnace is 15-20 years old
- Your HVAC system is making loud or strange noises
- Your air conditioning unit blows very little air and/or leaks water
If you’ve started to notice any of the signs above, your HVAC system may need replacing. To consult with someone who knows HVAC systems in and out, consider reaching out to a professional contractor through Local Home Pro.
At Local Home Pro, we have vetted contractors in the Tampa area and partnered with those who are reliable and can deliver high-quality work. This way, when you hire a Tampa HVAC expert through us, you can rest easy knowing your home is in good hands.
Why You Should Invest in HVAC Installation for Your Home
There are many reasons that Tampa homeowners may wish to invest in a new HVAC system for their homes. Below, we delve into some of the key benefits that homeowners may derive from installing a brand new HVAC system in their homes. From possibly reducing your monthly energy bills to helping make your home more enjoyable to spend time in, here are some reasons why HVAC installation may be a worthwhile investment for you:
- As HVAC systems get older, they may begin to make loud noises, shake, or rattle. New units, on the other hand, can be designed to operate more quietly.
- Energy-efficient HVAC units with higher SEER ratings use less electricity than systems with lower SEER ratings, which can help reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
- Since energy-efficient HVAC units use less electricity, they have the potential to help reduce your monthly utility bills.
- The installation of an energy-efficient HVAC system may help make you eligible for certain rebates and incentives.
- Installing a new HVAC system might also help increase the property value of your home.
- A new HVAC system can help make your home more pleasant and comfortable to spend time in, as new systems tend to provide more even heating and cooling, consistent airflow levels, and superior humidity control.
Key Considerations When Installing A New HVAC System in Your Tampa Home
If you’ve decided to invest in a new HVAC system for your Tampa home, there are a few factors you might want to consider first. Not all HVAC units are the same, and there are many options to choose from. For example, there are furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioners, and ductless systems. Plus, units can come in different sizes and have different energy efficiency ratings. In order to choose a suitable HVAC system for your home, you may want to consider the following factors:
- The size of your home: It’s often best to choose an HVAC system that is designed for the size of your home. Many HVAC systems are developed with specific house sizes in mind, so if you have a small home, it might be best to look for an HVAC system meant for smaller spaces.
- The climate of the region you live in: To decide which type of HVAC unit(s) are right for you, you might also want to consider the weather and average temperatures in Tampa. Since Tampa experiences warm weather almost year-round, you might only need cooling capabilities and can invest in an air conditioner.
- The ducts in your home: If you don’t have air ducts in your home, then you might not be able to install certain types of HVAC. However, you can consider installing a ductless HVAC system that can also heat and cool your home.
- The energy efficiency of the HVAC unit: If you care about going green or want to help minimize your monthly utility bills, then energy efficiency is a factor to consider. There are several kinds of energy-efficient HVAC units on the market today. You may want to look for air conditioners and heat pumps with a SEER rating of 15 or over and furnaces with an AFUE rating of over 90%.
- The installation of the system: One final consideration is determining who is going to install the new HVAC system. While some Tampa homeowners may be tempted to do it themselves, HVAC installation can be complicated, especially if you don’t have any prior experience. In order to save yourself the hassle of installing the system, you may wish to hire a professional contractor to help handle the project from start to finish.
What Are You Waiting For? Book Your Tampa HVAC Installation Today!
Are you ready to get started on your Tampa HVAC installation? With Local Home Pro, it’s easy! All you have to do is schedule your free, in-home consultation, and book the installation for a time that suits your schedule. Get ready to enjoy your brand new HVAC system!