- All services
- Washington, DC
HVAC Installation in Washington DC
Learn more about HVAC installation in Washington, DC with Local Home Pro
Get Your Free Estimate Today!
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
HVAC Installation in Washington DC
Do you live in Washington DC? Then you might already know how exciting the capital of America is. From the cherry blossom trees in spring to the countless Smithsonian museums and monuments, not to mention the White House, the Supreme Court, and the Capitol, Washington DC is a truly lively place to call home.
In terms of climate, Washington DC offers its residents four distinct seasons. Temperatures in the 30s are not uncommon between the months of December and February, with the city receiving 14 inches of snow annually. Meanwhile, summers are warm and muggy, with the hottest months being July and August.
Given that Washington experiences all four seasons, with fluctuating temperatures and even snow, homeowners may want to ensure their HVAC systems are in good working order. HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) systems are responsible for heating and cooling your home. As such, it can be important to make sure that the HVAC system of your Washington DC home is functioning optimally.
To find out if your existing HVAC system may need to be repaired or replaced, consider whether you’ve noticed any of the signs below:
- Your HVAC system sounds like it’s constantly running
- Your air conditioner blows very little air and/or leaks water
- Your air conditioner or heat pump is over 10 years old, and/or your furnace is 15-20 years old
- Your utility bills have risen without explanation
- Your HVAC system is making loud or strange noises (e.g. gurgling or rattling)
- The temperatures throughout your home are uneven
- Your air conditioning unit or heat pump have SEER ratings of 10 or less, or your furnace has an AFUE rating of 80% or less
If you think the HVAC system in your Washington DC home may need replacing, Local Home Pro can help. We have partnered with top contractors in the area, who are known for their reliability and the quality of their work. This way, when you hire a contractor through Local Home Pro, you can rest assured that your HVAC installation will be executed well.
Reasons to Invest in HVAC Installation for Your Washington DC Home
Investing in HVAC installation for your home can be a great decision for Washington DC homeowners. After all, your HVAC system is what regulates the temperature in your home, ensuring it’s comfortable year-round. But more than that, newly-installed HVAC systems have several advantages to offer local homeowners. From helping boost the property value of your home to helping reduce your carbon footprint, check out below for the list of benefits homeowners may derive from installing new HVAC systems:
- Some old HVAC systems may be noisy, but new units can be designed to be felt rather than heard.
- Energy-efficient HVAC units consume less electricity, thereby, they may help reduce your home’s environmental footprint.
- As energy-efficient HVAC units tend to require less electricity to operate, they may also help reduce the cost of your monthly utility bills and may even help make you eligible for certain rebates and incentives that have minimum requirements to qualify.
- New HVAC systems can help make your home more pleasant to be in, as new units are prone to provide more consistent airflow levels, even heating and cooling, and better humidity control.
- Installing a new HVAC system may also help increase the property value of your home.
Key Considerations When Installing A New HVAC System in Your Washington DC Home
Deciding whether to install a new HVAC system in your Washington DC home isn’t the only choice you have to make. Once you’ve decided to invest in a new HVAC system, you’ll need to choose which specific unit(s) to install. There are all types of units suitable for DC homes, ranging from furnaces and air conditioners to heat pumps and ductless systems. Beyond the different types, there are also varying sizes and energy efficiency ratings. In order to help you decide which HVAC system is right for you, you may wish to consider the following factors:
- The energy efficiency of the HVAC unit: If you’re interested in going green, then you may want to choose an energy-efficient HVAC unit. You can look for air conditioners and heat pumps with SEER ratings of 15 or over and furnaces with AFUE ratings of over 90%.
- The size of your home: Each HVAC unit is designed to be used in a specific home size. Thus, if you have a small home, it’s often best to look for a system specifically intended for small homes to avoid any functionality problems.
- The climate of the region you live in: When deciding which type of HVAC unit is for you, consider the climate of Washington DC. Given that the city experiences four distinct seasons, you may want to equip your home with both heating and cooling capabilities. This can help you narrow down the options when shopping for HVAC systems.
- The installation of the system: Who will install your new HVAC system? Though some homeowners may be tempted to install their new unit themselves, a professional contractor can have more experience in this area and can help ensure your new HVAC system is installed correctly and is fully functional.
- The ducts in your home: Does your Washington DC home have ducts? If not, then you may want to consider getting a ductless system that can offer similar benefits of a regular HVAC.
Book Your Washington DC HVAC Installation Now!
Invest in a new HVAC system for your Washington DC home today and you may enjoy all the benefits mentioned above. To get started, schedule your FREE consultation with Local Home Pro, and book your installation for a time that suits you. That’s all there is to it!