Slider Window Installation
Attractive, Versatile, Affordable: Slider Windows Have it All
Get Your Free Estimate Today!
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
With so many window types on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for your home. When you’re replacing aging windows in your home, there are many things to consider. Which type will work with my home’s architectural style? Which type will be easy to use? Will my air conditioner fit?
There is one window type that is so versatile and affordable that it might be the perfect option: the slider window. Read on to learn more about what slider windows are and what advantages they can offer you and your home.
What Is a Slider Window?
The defining feature of the slider window is a sash that opens by sliding horizontally in a track. You might think of the slider as a traditional hung window turned on its side. Because the sash always rests securely on the lower frame of the window, sliders can be more stable than hung windows, meaning they won’t slip down after you open them.
This window type can be configured in a number of different ways depending on your home’s needs. Single sliders have one sash that moves against a stationary pane. Double sliders have two moving sashes, giving you the option of opening either side of the window. Sliders can also be incorporated into larger arrangements. One option is to have a large picture window bounded by two sliders, creating a window ensemble that can provide a lot of light and let in a refreshing breeze.
What Are Some Advantages of Slider Windows?
Sliders have some distinct advantages over other window types. To ensure they are the right fit, we have put together a list of benefits that come with installing slider windows into your home:
- They’re easy to operate. Slider windows’ simple operation means that they are easy to open, close and lock. There are no complicated locking mechanisms or other parts to fuss with. Simply slide it open to let in a breeze or slide it shut to stay well-insulated.
- They’re low maintenance. A quick wash with soap and water is all the slider window usually needs to look new and clean. Because there are no complicated metal opening or closing mechanisms there’s less opportunity for corrosion that can result in expensive replacement parts. When made of durable, water-resistant materials, slider windows will provide your home with years of stress-free service.
- They’re less costly than competing types. Their simple yet durable construction allows for slider windows to usually be less costly upfront compared to more complicated window types. However, the lower cost doesn’t mean that you are sacrificing quality. Slider windows can be constructed with the most up-to-date materials, coatings and gas-fillers that make any modern window a great option for your home.
- They work for many home styles. Slider windows can be designed and manufactured to fit almost any window opening in your home. If you live in a mid-century bungalow your window openings might already be perfectly configured for a slider type that is wider than it is tall. Sliders can also be built so the sashes are below a fixed picture window, making them a great option for more traditional window openings. So whether you live in a historic 19th-century home or a modern masterpiece, a slider window can fit right in.
- They work well with window A/C units. If your slider window opening is taller than it is wide you might be worried that you won’t be able to install a window air conditioner unit. Though it’s true that not all A/C units will work with all sliders, there’s good news: most A/C manufacturers produce affordable, quality units designed specifically for tall and narrow window openings (these are sometimes called “vertical” units).
- They offer great efficiency. You may have read that other window types, like casements, are more energy efficient as they can form a slightly tighter seal with the window frame when closed. While this can be true, sliders can also be energy efficient windows for your home. Modern sliders are so well designed and manufactured that they can achieve comparable results. Additionally, today’s sliders can be built with all of the most modern features that can help save you money on your heating and cooling bills over the long term. Combine that with a low initial cost (compared to other window types, like casements) and you have a window that is affordable, efficient and a good investment for your home.
Durable, attractive, affordable and easy-to-use and maintain—what more could ask for in a window?
Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Find out if slider windows are the perfect fit for your home by getting in touch with a professional with the help of Local Home Pro. Click below to book your free estimate today!