Slider Windows in Raleigh
Learn more about Slider Windows in Raleigh, NC with Local Home Pro
Why Local Home Pro?
All of our Local Home Pros are vetted to ensure you’re satisfied with your home project.
Instead of spending hours in a showroom, let a Local Home Pro come to you for a FREE in-home consultation.
By being part of the community, our Local Home Pros understand your local climate conditions and can tailor your project to your area.
Getting started is easy.
Get a FREE estimate: Schedule a free in-home consultation to receive a tailored estimate for your project.
Finalize your project details: Select the materials and products that suit your needs.
Schedule your installation: Find a convenient time in your schedule to complete your home installation.
Slider Windows in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina, is known for its historic beauty and energetic atmosphere. This is why if you’re a resident of the city, then you may know first hand how much character Raleigh has to offer. Regardless of whether you’re exploring the city quarters or taking in the scenery of the surrounding parks, there is so much to do and see in Raleigh.
However, after a long day of roaming around the city, you may wish to go back home and relax. This is why it can be important that your home remains a place of comfort, regardless of what time of year it is. A great place to start is by having functional windows.
When the windows in your home begin to age and diminish, they can cause damage to the interior and exterior of your property and make it more difficult for you to control your home's temperature. Therefore, if you have noticed any increases in your energy bills or any cracking around your window frames, then it may be time to replace the windows throughout your home.
Here at Local Home Pro, we understand that home renovations can be a stressful process due to how much work is involved. Thus, we are here to help you streamline your renovation process from start to finish.
The Benefits of New Windows
If you are still on the fence about whether you should install new windows, here is a list of benefits that new windows can offer to your home:
- New windows can help decrease the amount of noise coming into your home from the outside neighborhood.
- They may also help increase your home’s energy efficiency and reduce the overall cost of your monthly heating and cooling bill.
- New windows may help enhance the overall curbside appeal of your home.
- They may also help increase your property value.
- They can help you enhance the atmosphere of each room by allowing in natural light and fresh air.
What Are Slider Windows?
While there are a variety of window frames available for homeowners to install, a popular type of windows amongst Raleigh homeowners are slider windows. Slider windows are similar to the double-hung window. However, rather than opening up from the top and bottom, slider windows feature two sashes that open from one side to the other. Additionally, while double-hung windows are generally larger vertically, slider windows are larger horizontally. This is why slider windows can make a great addition to rooms with lots of wall space.
Should You Install Slider Windows in Your Home?
To help you decide whether slider windows are right for your Raleigh home, see below for a list of potential advantages of installing slider windows:
- Slider windows are available in a wide range of options, so you can customize them to match your desired design.
- Slider windows are relatively easy to clean from the inside of your home.
- These styles of windows also tend to require less maintenance as they do not have any hardware that will break down over time.
- Slider windows can help provide your rooms with lots of ventilation and natural light, which can help you control the temperature of each room to your liking.
Things To Consider Before Installing Slider Windows into Your Home
While there are numerous benefits for slider windows, there are some potential disadvantages that you may wish to consider before deciding on slider windows for your Raleigh home:
- Slider windows may not be an ideal selection for homes with air conditioning units as they are built with mesh screens that can block the exhaust hose from exiting the room.
- If not installed properly, slider windows can be susceptible to allowing drafts or additional air flow into the home as the point of contact between the two sashes can become depressurized.
- You might have some challenges cleaning the outside of slider windows, especially if they are located on the upper levels of your home, which might require a ladder or help from a professional cleaning service.
Book Your Slider Window Contractor in Raleigh
Are you ready to get started with your new slider windows in Raleigh? Book your free consultation with a local Raleigh slider window contractor today and enjoy your new upgraded home!